Here you can find more resources about the treaties, including curriculum units and our set of Treaties Trading Cards.
Our Guides section contains:
- What are Treaties
- Historical Context
- Research You Can Do with this site
Intro to the Treaties
Curriculum Units about the Treaties
- Deloria, V., and R. J. DeMaille. (1999). Documents of American Indian diplomacy : treaties, agreements, and conventions, 1775-1979 / [compiled by] Vine Deloria, Jr., and Raymond J. DeMallie ; with a foreword by Daniel K. Inouye. University of Oklahoma Press. (Represents the work of a team of people over two decades finding and compiling the Indian Treaties)
- DeJong, D. H. (2015). American Indian treaties: A guide to ratified and unratified colonial, United States, state, foreign, and intertribal treaties and agreements, 1607-1911. Salt Lake City: Univ. of Utah Press. (2015) (DeJong, a graduate student assistant on Deloria’s project, notes this volume provides complete bibliographic citations.)
- Fixico, D.L. (2018). Indian Treaties in the United States: An Encyclopedia and Documents Collection. Santa Barbara, California and Denver, Colorado: ABC-CLIO.
- Harjo, S. S. (2014). Nation to Nation: Treaties between the United States and American Indian Nations. Washington, D.C: Smithsonian Books.
- Prucha, F. P. (1997). American Indian treaties : the history of a political anomaly. Berkeley: University of California Press. (Focuses on the Ratified Indian Treaties series)
Treaties in the News
- Recent News on Treaties from Turtle Talk: The leading blog on legal issues in Indian Country
- “American Indian treaties before the courts”: University of Nebraska Lincoln Treaties Portal, last section
Additional Web Resources